Connect for Kids’ Sake
Connect For Kids' Sake is a fun and easy way for you and your company, friends, family, and others to support the life-changing work of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Alaska!
From now until April 10th, when you donate or participate in this virtual, team-based fundraising campaign, you have the power to change lives for the better, forever. This is our single largest annual fundraising event and we depend on every dollar raised to carry out the work of carefully matching children with caring adult mentors and provide ongoing support to the child, volunteer mentor, and the child's family.
On Saturday, April 10, individual teams can choose to gather (virtually or in-person with appropriate precautions) to mark National Siblings Day and celebrate their meaningful contributions to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Alaska. Team captains will be provided with a Team Captain Guide to help coordinate these simple celebrations that can connect participants to an activity that some of our matches enjoy and/or help them celebrate in their own unique way.
On Friday, April 16, all participants and supporters are invited to attend a virtual event where we will come together to celebrate success, hear some inspiring stories, and award campaign prizes.
Today, YOU can register or donate to our efforts to positively impact a child’s life and broaden the possibilities of what we can achieve when we work together!
1. Register: In just a few clicks, you can support Big Brothers Big Sisters of Alaska. Register your team, join an existing team or sign up as an individual participant. You can also invite others to join your team or start their own - the more the merrier! Please check out the Connect for Kids’ Participant Guide and Team Captain Guide for helpful information and resources.
2. Donate: Donating to your own fundraiser is a great way to encourage others to support you. If you prefer not to register as a participant, you can donate directly to an existing team and help them achieve their goal.
3. Set a goal: Aim high and set a goal that might seem like a stretch because you never know just how fast you can achieve it!
4. Get the word out: Invite your friends, family, neighbors, current and former colleagues, a book club or other groups you belong to, etc. to donate to your campaign. You can share the link to your fundraising page on social media, send emails (there’s a template for that!), make calls or send text messages - whatever works best for you and the people you want to reach.
5. Have fun and celebrate: One of the most important things to do is have fun! Be sure to share photos and videos on social media and use #ConnectForKidsSake, including if you attend a team celebration since this could help your team win a prize!